Tuesday, August 05, 2025

My Story

To me, civil, mechanical, and electrical engineering are disciplines deeply rooted in the physical world—working with matter, forces, and energy. From the solid and concrete to the abstract and conceptual, they rise gradually, layer by layer.

Computer science, on the other hand, steps further into the virtual realm, dealing with abstract systems, digital structures, and informational logic. Yet at their core, all of these disciplines are built upon the same universal mystery and scientific beauty, grounded in the foundational languages of mathematics, physics, and chemistry.

When I was younger, I once felt regret and even anger toward myself, thinking I had been forced to follow the expectations of others. But now I understand—I made the decision myself, for myself.

I'm proud of the person I’ve become, for enduring those hard, dark, and seemingly hopeless days. I stand by my decision to study engineering—specifically, electrical engineering—even when I was told, over and over, that it wasn’t a typical path for girls. I now see clearly that this was the right path for me.

At 17, I told myself: I love music, poetry, literature, languages, and history. But I am also deeply fascinated by the precision, systematic thinking, and practical application of science and engineering.

So today, I want to thank that brave young girl again—the one who struggled to find her path in the university jungle and to survive in a competitive, thorn-filled world. I’m still growing and evolving, constantly absorbing knowledge as though there were no limits. I am hungry for truth, swimming freely in an ocean of learning.

I am becoming the person I truly want to be—building a life that is both strong and solid, like a fortress, but with a heart that remains soft and free. Just like when I was a child: living joyfully, loved by the world, and completely free.

No comments:

春夜

你的眼神,明暗交雜,一笑成花。 是的我曾經見過這樣的世界,在北京的深夜,我們坐著計程車經過天安門廣場,那個紅色的光影和遠遠的毛澤東像,映照在車窗上,街燈閃爍,投影在你慵懶/疲倦/若有所思的臉上。 在很多年之後的今天,我忽然想起這個場景,或許從未逝去,只是沒有想起。弔詭的是,我甚至...