Friday, October 05, 2007

Observer | Modern boys and mobile girls

Observer | Modern boys and mobile girls

Japan is something I know from childhood and most probably will keep write about all my life. It carries the memories of myself, makes more ambiguous, coded meaning than a single word, Japan.

No one can really understand it, i guess, the Japan that delights, disturbs and fascinates us today: a mirror world, an alien planet we can actually do business with, a future.

With great complexity originated from the culture and the stupendous triple-whammy modern history but in the other way possessed with the ultimate purity, Japan is a mystery. I want to argue that "hey, all those great cultural heritages are from us" but have to admit that they are evolved and made better by the Japanese.

Well, there are too much to talk about. I love the idea that Japan is the future for us. I can imagine the excitement when western people first see the delicate gadgets and the bustling busily vibrant cities but I guess it only limits to the super big cities such as Tokyo and Osaka.

No comments:

春夜

你的眼神,明暗交雜,一笑成花。 是的我曾經見過這樣的世界,在北京的深夜,我們坐著計程車經過天安門廣場,那個紅色的光影和遠遠的毛澤東像,映照在車窗上,街燈閃爍,投影在你慵懶/疲倦/若有所思的臉上。 在很多年之後的今天,我忽然想起這個場景,或許從未逝去,只是沒有想起。弔詭的是,我甚至...