Friday, October 05, 2007

Observer | Modern boys and mobile girls

Observer | Modern boys and mobile girls

Japan is something I know from childhood and most probably will keep write about all my life. It carries the memories of myself, makes more ambiguous, coded meaning than a single word, Japan.

No one can really understand it, i guess, the Japan that delights, disturbs and fascinates us today: a mirror world, an alien planet we can actually do business with, a future.

With great complexity originated from the culture and the stupendous triple-whammy modern history but in the other way possessed with the ultimate purity, Japan is a mystery. I want to argue that "hey, all those great cultural heritages are from us" but have to admit that they are evolved and made better by the Japanese.

Well, there are too much to talk about. I love the idea that Japan is the future for us. I can imagine the excitement when western people first see the delicate gadgets and the bustling busily vibrant cities but I guess it only limits to the super big cities such as Tokyo and Osaka.

No comments:

magic

修練心想事成的魔法 米津玄師「地球儀」× 宮﨑駿「君たちはどう生きるか」Kenshi Yonezu - Spinning Globe (Hayao Miyazaki, The Boy and The Heron) 我一個人搬離台灣!新的考驗在等著我😍 [MMA2023ㅣ축하공연...